Monday, January 11, 2010

Still lifes for younger crowd



Started with a new class last week and some of the kids were the same ones had taken my class last time so. I came up with new projects. We went into the art gallery and looked at still life paintings.We then went back to the classroom were I had several still life objects laid out. I let the students help me choose what objects to put in the arrangement with a simple thumbs up or thumbs down.From the fake food assortment they were not huge on fruits or vegetables. No eggplant and no onions. I took put some dress shoes to and they were not into those either.We ended up with two glass bottles an apple, a banana and a ukulele

I demoed drawing the objects and how we look at how they overlap. Many of the students did well only one got upset. I talked with her again and how to look at the objects and overlap them. I worked with several students about how it is okay to make mistakes and how to not be to hard on yourself. These were 1st through 3rd graders. It was a tough assignment.

I told them to take a moment and walk around and look at other peoples drawings. To notice how they were all different.

No comments:

Post a Comment