Thursday, September 2, 2010

Artist Trading Cards




I have seen all these other artist making Artist TradingCards and postcards and have been wanting to try it out. The collborative ones I had made before were a bit larger then these new ones. The new cards are the standard 2 and1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches that a deck of playing cards are.

I have began carrying around a little notebook with a pocket.I put all the precut cards in the notebook and carry around my own kit of markers ,watercolor colored pencils etc. I was at a comic book shop and founf the plastic trading card sleeves that protect your game cards. I have been putting in my newly created Artist trading card artworks in them.

I have really enjoyed making these. I am often on the go and have little time dedicated to working in my studio and making art. I can finish an artist trading cards while on the go,in between tasks or just as easily begin one then take it with me to finish later. I also found the size and media freeing. I am not so afraid to make a mistake like I am when I paint with oils on Canvas.
To buy any of the cards pictured her go to sculptresslink.etsy.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the tye dyed one .

Susan Link said...

Glad you liked it!It's done with colored pencils.

Post a Comment