Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine's day it coming

 So I have been working on some new valentines day merchandise.

I have been decorating around my house... with Valentines day themed items. I admit in the past I called it "Hallmark holiday" I still think it exists largely as a commerical plea but if we make and give handmade items for valentines day this year then love wins and not companies who make in mass. C'mon,Who does not like the pleasing pallettes of pinks, reds, lace and hearts?


wooden valetnine
 So this Valentine's day don't give your money to Hallmark give it to me and know that your gift was made by hand with love by a person whose name is Susan!

I have been working on  seriesof wooden valentines. these are flat wooden shapes with mixed media art work on them and ribbon or cord to hang them.

I have also been working on a series of hanging paper heart decorations made with misprinted repurposed papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment