Friday, January 6, 2012

Artists trading cards with kids

As you know I am a teacher and am undeniably an artist. I got turned onto Artists trading cards by watching and reading other peoples blogs, Especially by Reading Michelle Cummings Faerie Dust Dreams.I just started making them and feel in love. They are just the  right size that I can carry around a blank stack of them and a little pocket of pens and make them in between classes while subbing, when trying to use up scraps of shiny left over paper from scrap booking. During the winter school break I taught a a kids class on making artist's trading cards at my friend Kat's gallery and studio space called  Stella Art Studio in East Rochester.I like following the ATC/ACEO trends to etsy and sharing these finds with my students. I was also fortunate enough to get some ACEO's from John of Jackbear stamps to share with the kids.

                                                                      The supply table


Assortment  of Two students cards

So for this kids classes with four students we started with one material and added other materials to it, we started with  colored pencils talking about shading blending and using varied pressure to create values we then used a shaped hole punch.  Then I  showed them how  to use watercolor pencils and then use whatever  supplies they wanted to make more cards.Most kids went home with around 11 cards in a 2 hour class.

No comments:

Post a Comment