Friday, March 4, 2011

Mardi Gras

 So I was looking for a theme for my before and  after school program kids for this week . At first I thought St. Patrick's days but then I look at my calender again and  realized. Mardi Gras comes first! So all this week I gave the kids printed Mardi Gras themed coloring sheets and puzzles. We made  party hats from construction paper. I found some suggestions on making Mardi Gras "Floats" from  cardboard boxes and covered them with construction paper. We used up my old party streamers, pom-poms and confetti to decorate.I sent out a notes to parents today that children can bring in stuffed animals on Monday to ride on the floats. We made construction paper masks yesterday and the kids will wear them while we "parade" around the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment