You and your child are invited to help participate in the painting of a community Mural project and the Flying Squirrel Community Center and the corner of Troupe and Clarissa Street. This project is being lead by visual artist and arts educator Susan Link. The project is funded by a grant From Arts and Cultural Council of Greater Rochester and from the New York State legislature. This project is intended to involve local community members and members of the Flying Squirrel Community Center in the painting and planning of a community mural which depicts the history of the area and the current use of the building as The Flying Squirrel Community space.
For the safety and security of your children we would like you to be informed:
- The Paint we are using is Golden acrylic it will stain clothes.
- Tools, such as a hammer will be present but should not be used by children.
- Scaffolding children should not be on or below scaffolding while others are painting above.
- We will be working Outdoor in the sun cannot provide outdoor protection or sun screen
- Due to the fact that the visual artist and other adults present are also there to paint there. Must be an attending caregiver.
I, the legal guardian of the herein mentioned child, have read the above description and do hereby grant permission for the child, __________________________________________, to participate in the painting of the mural on the north facing wall of the Flying Squirrel Community Space under the supervision of __________________________________, an attending caregiver.
Furthermore, I have read and understand the risks listed above and I agree for myself and my family to release Susan Link, the Arts and Cultural Council of Greater Rochester, and the members of the Flying Squirrel Community Space of all claims of damages to property or personal injury related to the project.
Signature of guardian _________________________________
Signature of attending caregiver _________________________________